May Day, MAYDAY!!
I'm running (flying) out to Detroit today to be on Needle Arts Studio with Shay Pendray tomorrow morning with Drew Emborsky to promote Men Who Knit & The Dogs Who Love Them. While I'm in the area - my old stomping ground (and, ironically, Drew's too!)
I'll drive down to Lambertville for what promises to be an amazingly
fun-filled evening of chat and booksigning and a funny lecture (I hope
it will be funny!) at Vintage Yarns.
It's so odd to be returning to Lambertville. I grew up in Toledo
- lived for a few years in Temperance, MI - and here I am, returning!
I wonder if I'll see anyone I knew as a kid...
Oh, would THAT be scary!
If you're in the area and free on Tuesday evening (hey, that's TOMORROW!) I'd LOVE to see you! Come on by and say HI!
So I bought a bike...
and after Gerry gets it revamped, I'll be tooling around St. Paul like I own the place!
Film at eleven.
And they look better than I ever imagined!
The flip books arrived from China, safe, happy and stored in my garage. Where we'll put the car I have NO idea...
The Knit Stitch
• Flip from front to back to see the Combination Knit Stitch
• Flip from back to front to see the Western Knit Stitch
The Purl Stitch
• Flip from front to back to see the Combination Purl Stitch
• Flip from back to front to see the Western Purl Stitch
• Flip from front to back to see the K2tog (Right Slanting Dec)
• Flip from back to front to see the K2tog-tbl / SSK (Left Slanting Dec)
• Flip from front to back to see the Grandma Increase
• Flip from back to front to see the Grandma Purl Increase
Grandma Increase is my own little technique to create a nice increase
in Stockinette Stitch fabric which doesn't show a purl bump - it's easy
and very useful!
come this summer include Casting On, Binding Off, Kitchner Stitch &
other fun techniques! Crochet stitches to come, too! Order yours today!
Two New Patterns
In The Bag
(yeah, total repeat from last newsletter - sorry!)
The Mitered Felted Handbag pattern is doing so well I think I'm going to base a class on it!
When I took this to the Project Runway audition this little handbag
garnered more excitement than ANY other item I had with me.
It's a universal pattern, meaning that you can use any yarn you'd like
- and essentially make it ANY size you'd like. Two sizes are
included (tiny and larger) but you can make the pattern your own quite
It's a Wrap? It's a Jacket?
The second pattern is an old favorite, my Twisted Float Cocoon Shrug - but I've rewritten it to be a universal pattern (evidently the universe is expanding...) You can use ANY yarn you'd like, and by taking two totally NON-threatening measurements from your body, you can determine the perfect size for you!
Different from the Vogue Knitting pattern seen in Fall 2005 - but the
design is the same and the outcome will be beautiful! This is the
pattern I use when I teach this class around the country.
It's almost summer - get your butts outside (and take your knitting!!)